How to attend
1) Do I have to be Atlantian to participate (and if not, do I need special permission to do so)?
Not at all! Everyone is welcome, across all the Kingdoms in the Known World!
2) Do I have to register or preregister?
Also no! Pre-registration and "troll" here is just a fun experience. You can, however, send your photos and names to Dame Emma (firstname.lastname@example.org) to participate - even if you're not from Atlantia.
3) How do I participate?
There are lots of ways to participate, and you can make it as complicated or as simple as you want! Here are some ways to participate, all of them, entirely optional:
What To Do At Home
Put up your tent outside, and decorate it like you would at Pennsic - all the fun and things you'd normally put up, ways to make yourself feel like you're joining us at an event. Do you have to sleep in your tent? Nope. We're not exactly making rounds of bedchecks.
- If you don't have an outside, or don't have a tent, what then? Try tacking up (or taping up, we're not judgy) some fabric inside and setting up an area - even if it's just your couch - to look periodish. Unless you're entering your pictures for one of our A&S Competitions, you're definitely not going to be judged for accuracy! The more fun you have, the better!
- Get your garb ready! It's not exactly Pennsic without garb, is it? Especially if you're participating inside, this might be your only chance to wear that huge, hot, winter-style garb you love so much at Pennsic! Pick your garb, pack it well (or at least hang it out, whatever works) and get ready to have fun with the rest of Atlantia and the Known World.
- Think of ways for you to have some medieval fun. Will it be better for you to cook beforehand and break out the feast gear? Do you need to order that extra bottle of mead? Is it time to find some music that reminds you of the haflas of days gone by, so that you can listen to it while participating in activities?
- Pre-register! Send your pictures to Dame Emma Send an email to Dame Emma at email@example.com with the subject line "Pennsic In Your Backyard" and a picture of you and yours. Don't forget to fill out the release form so we can use it in a troll-in slideshow! (This option ends on August 3rd)
- Check out the schedule - it's constantly evolving but Pennsic isn't Pennsic without a constantly evolving, rather large schedule, right?
What To Do Online
- Get your phones, computers, mics, laptops and webcams ready. However you normally access online classes, calls, and engage with your friends. Figure out where you're going to be enjoying the various Pennsic activities, and stage an area so that you can be comfortable, and see and be seen.
- Check your connections to the various platforms that might be used. Do your mic and webcam work? Do you have comfy headphones or speakers? Do they also work? If you're planning to take classes, do you need notebooks ready? If you're planning social hours, have you brushed up on your latest dad jokes?
What Else Can You Do?
- If you want to teach a class, host a social, host a bardic, or participate in any other way, please reach out to Baroness Caterina/Puffin at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject title "Pennsic In Your Backyard."
- If you are a merchant who wants to participate, please reach out to Lady Caitrina, our Merchant Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- If you are an artisan who would like to display or compete, please check out the competitions at https://pennsic.atlantia.sca.org/ under the Arts and Sciences tab.
Most of all, PLAN TO HAVE FUN!
See you there!
Google Meet troubleshooting